Thursday, February 27, 2014

Shoot for the stars, no matter how far

Why is it that when you ask a child what they want to be when they grow up, we tell them that they can be and do anything they set their minds to. Yet, when an adult is asked the same thing, if what they say seems to be outside the norm or unattainable due to some weird standard, we tell them to be more realistic with their dreams and goals, and are very ready to knock down their dreams.  At what point do we go from telling kids to shoot for the stars and don't be afraid to dream, to telling people that their dreams are too big for them, and to tone it down.  Is it because so many dreams my be unattainable?  Is it because others feel that since they have not accomplished their own dreams, they should knock down others? Who knows?  All I know is that I have a dream list a mile long, and I will slowly but surely cross them off.  Some may seem random, some may seem like they are never going to happen, and some are so big that they terrify me and even I think they are crazy.

But, if I don't dream big, what am I even doing here?  So here is a list of some of my dreams & goals, in no particular order:


  • Become an actress (basically act in a show and be a member of SAG)
  • Be interviewed on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
  • Photograph celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey, Beyonce, Steve Buscemi, Tom Hiddlestone, David Tennant and More
  • Have a thriving and successful photography career and studio based out of NYC
  • Meet Lupita Nyong'o and possibly become best friends
  • Have an amazing re-do of my wedding
  • Win a major photography competition
  • Win the powerball
  • Walk the red carpet and attend an award show
  • Start a non-profit that creates and gives out packages to homeless people that contain Gore weather gear, packaging that converts to a tent, and money/food
  • Start an animal sanctuary
  • Be financially stable
  • Vacation in Disney World at least once a year
  • Meet, photograph and be photographed by Sue Bryce
  • Have the wedding of my dreams, well now it would be a vow renewal
  • Travel the world for photography
  • Be interviewed on a photography blog
  • Have my work featured on photography blogs
  • Have my work in a magazine
  • Attend WPPI

And that is just some of my dreams, just some. I'll be glad to come to this post and cross things off!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment