Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Hump Day!

Happy Hump Day! It's Wednesday, and we are almost through with the week.  Well for me, I consider Wednesday to be the end of my week, because my husband works Sunday-Wednesday, and has Thursday-Saturday off.  So our schedules are a little bit weird.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentines Day! Whether you shared it with your honey, your kids, your friends, I hope it was still great.  My husband had to work all day, but when he came home I had dinner (which was DELICIOUS by the way!) and an awesome cake waiting for him.

Ok, the cake wasn't awesome per say. Alright, so this is what happened.

My husband loves cake. At the last minute I realized we had a ton of cake mix in the cabinet but no frosting.  I then realized we had a ton of powdered sugar, so I was going to make homemade butter cream frosting. And then make a heart out of sprinkles to top the cake. It was going to look and taste delicious! In the process of getting the stuff together to make the frosting, I realized I did not have vanilla extract. I panicked! But then a lightbulb went off in my head, and I put Bailey's Caramel in it, and O-M-G. It was delicious. I will not go into the details of how much frosting I ate before I even frosted the cake.

I then took the cake out of the fridge, frosted the bottom layer, placed the top layer on, and then had to go deal with the baby. I go back into the kitchen to finish frosting and...the top layer of the cake slid off! In an effort to have the awesomeness of that cake ready before he got home, I did not let it cool enough, and putting icing on a warm cake is not good.

Needless to say, there was icing pretty much everywhere. But..the cake was DELICIOUS!!!

And no, I do not have any pictures of it...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment