Friday, August 19, 2011

Patience & World Photography Day!

Patience.  It's the one thing I would like to think that I possess.  The truth is, I don't.  Now, I can be patient at some times, and depending on the situation, I can be very patient.  For example, when my dear husband doesn't take the garbage out, I can be patient.  Patient enough that I will place the garbage by the door so he can take it out when he leaves for work in the morning.  Then when I wake up and see that the garbage bag is still there, I am patient enough to wait till he comes home to remind him.

Yes, it really is that serious, being that the garbage is the ONLY thing he has to take out.

Now, when it comes to weddings, patience takes on a whole new world for me.  I will let you in on a secret.  I may seem cool, calm and collected on the outside, but when a wedding is running late I start getting nervous.  It's not that I lose patience, I just tend to get worried that I will not be able to deliver the images that my couples want because of time restraints.  Now, it's very easy to say that I have to work with the time I have, but trust me, the inside of my head starts to resemble a panicked fashion designer at their first fashion show with everything going wrong when things start going late at a wedding.  So patience, and how to calm myself, on the inside at least is something I definitely need to develop.

I suppose that having a baby pretty soon will sort of kick start me into learning how to be more patient.

Oh yes! That whole baby thing.  Well, if you have been keeping up, the baby bean was due to arrive on August 18, which was yesterday.  Now, babies do their own thing and arrive when they want.  And if she takes after her father in regards to time, she will definitely be here when she feels like it.  But yes, baby was due, no baby, due date is passed.  Doctor says I am doing great still, and we will discuss any other necessary options come next week. I am very excited! We have a lot of things set up for her. And I am a little bit too excited to set up her first baby session, with me of course.

Now, moving on.  Today is World Photography Day!  So everyone get out there, break out your camera and take a photograph of something.  I am ashamed to admit it, but my camera has been sitting by itself for the last couple of weeks.  My mind has not been in the zone for photography.  Which I guess is expected due to the fact that I am about to have a baby!  But today, I ventured into the bedroom and took two quick snapshots of the little beans bassinet.





Yes, that is a pink Sock Monkey.  It was our first official baby item that we purchased and I literally squealed in delight when I saw it!

Till next time folks. Hopefully the next blog will feature a little baby!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment