Saturday, April 9, 2011

{Sunny days!}

Sunny days have finally started showing, of course mixed in with some rainy days. I am sure you are tired of me talking about the weather, but I am huge on weather. Basically, if I don't have nice weather, then I can't do sessions outside! I need to be outside.  Now I can guarantee you that once the summer officially hits, and it gets into the 80's and 90's I will be complaining that is too hot.  The perfect weather for me is sunny, with temperatures in the lower 70's. If I can find a location that is like that all year round, I will be a happy panda.

So what have I been up to?  Same thing as usual, editing photos, setting up schedules, complaining about the weather, surfing the internet and all that good stuff.  My husband and I took a trip to the park this past Thursday, and just walked around.  I love walking around with him, it has been one of our constant activities since we have been dating, and that was almost 7 years ago.  We like to pick a location and just walk.  And whatever we find interesting, I typically photograph.  Here are a few from our latest "expedition":



With that last shot, I actually laid in the grass with my camera.  I'm a pretty hands on/physical photographer. I love the look on peoples faces when I am rolling around on the floor to get the images that I want.

I also wanted to say congratulations to Shimul & Shiv!  I did their maternity session a few weeks ago, and they had their baby boy, so congrats to them!  I have been on a baby kick lately.  Since being pregnant, babies take on a whole new world to me.  It's weird, I can't explain it, but things have already changed! And that actually amazes me.  I think this baby is going to be super creative because I now have all these ideas to set up concept shoots and I am embarking on new creative projects.  One of them being painting.  I can't paint to save my life, but I painted a piece and I loved it, and so did some of my friends.  I'll share it with you, but keep in mind that I am no Picaso or Van Gogh:


Now, you may be asking, what is that?  Well this is my ode to all the pregnant geeky/nerdy/offbeat mothers out there.  The little pink thing is baby Cthulu, and SHE is pink and is wearing a crown.  I have no idea where the whole concept came from, but it's a part of me.

I have also updated my website...again.  I am going to say that being creative means never being satisfied. Which can essentially be a good thing.  I am always changing and always changing for the better. Which is why my website is on a change.  It is the first thing that people see, it is essentially my handshake. My spokesperson.  It is what represents me to my clients, their friends, and their families.  So of course I want to put my best foot forward.

For now, I am going to head to bed. I have an engagement shoot set in Philadelphia tomorrow, well today actually since it is 1:31 am.  Tata for now!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment