Sunday, September 19, 2010

{Wedding: Daniel and Brad}

Yesterday was Daniel and Brad's wedding.  In one word to sum it up...amazing.  It was truly amazing to see their family and friends gathered to support them and love them as much as they do.  On Wednesday, Daniel and Brad went to Washington, D.C. and were legally married with their parents and closest friends present.  Yesterday was their ceremony and wedding reception.  Delaware still does not recognize same-sex marriages, which is why they went to D.C. Nonetheless, their wedding was absolutely magical.  Held in the Wilmington Grand Opera house, it was definitely a theatrical event.  It was so much fun.  I don't think I have ever laughed nor cried as much as I did at their wedding.

When I got home, I was beat from having so much fun shooting their wedding.  I truly, truly felt like part of the family.  Daniel's parents are hilarious, and really sweet, as are Brad's parents.  Also, the "photobooth" was a success!  Apparently everyone loved it, including the fake mustaches that I made as props.  I am so glad everyone enjoyed it.

Daniel and Brad, thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity to share your beautiful wedding with you.  Both of you are two of the sweetest souls I have ever met, and to be there to witness your love, I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am that you entrusted me with your wedding day.

Who would give a law to lovers?  Love is unto itself a higher law.  ~Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy, A.D. 524






















Now, one of the best parts of the event was the photobooth. I absolutely love the pictures that came from that, but alas, I will have to post them later.  It's Sunday, the weather is gorgeous, and my husband and I are going for pizza and a day at the park (before the weather gets too cold).  Till next time!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment