Thursday, September 23, 2010

{Maternity Session: Shasta}

We are officially in fall! But today definitely did not feel like fall.  I believe the temperature reached 88 degrees today.  I feel kind of funny now being that I packed away all of my summer clothing, it looks like fall is trying to hold on.

With fall approaching, wedding season is winding down.  But I am not sad, because my 2nd love is winding up!  Portraits!  I love, love, love portraits.  I have maternity sessions, family portraits, and engagement shoots set up for the upcoming weeks, and I am very excited about it.

The first session to mark off my portrait season was with Shasta.  Shasta is due in 2 weeks, so I was very happy to get a chance to do her maternity session.  Her husband Fred was on baby duty since she can go into labor any day now.  Shasta has the same addictions as I do:  renaissance fairs, costuming and science fiction.  We spent the time after her shoot discussing how her daughter is going to be costumed to the nines, and she better like it!  There were so many great shots from Shasta's session that it was hard to pick just a few to show you!  So here they are,

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts.  A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.


~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty








And the fairies dance all through the night...






Because ice cream makes everything better...





Thanks again Shasta and Fred for allowing me the opportunity to photograph what is about to be another special moment in your life. I cannot wait to see the little one, and of course get her in front of the camera!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment