Monday, February 24, 2014

My bucket list {Delaware Lifestyle Portrait & Fashion Photographer}

So as a photographer I have goals, and they are big. I work extremely hard to keep my business running, and even on days I feel like giving up, I have faith that these goals will come true.  For me, success is talent, drive, and opportunity. I am always working on talent and drive, I just need the opportunity.

I have quite a long list of goals of celebrities and famous people that I would LOVE to photograph. Just a simple, straight to the point portrait sessions. No frills, just them.  And then of course, if I had the opportunity to go all out with sets and props,  I would.  Here are just a couple of celebrities in no particular order that I would love to photograph, in my little home studio or their homes. I want to make tea, sit and talk with them, do portraits of them all glammed up, and then portraits of what makes them the most comfortable. They can bring their kids and family, we can go out and I can document the things they love to do. This is my dream. One day, not too far off in the future, I hope I can come back and cross these names off one by one.  I will make this happen

So here is my list of people I would love to photograph for various reasons. It has nothing to do with being star struck. It has everything to do with being genuinely interested in the lives of people, what they think about, what they do, and more.  Even if I was a celebrity photographer, I would never forget where I started, and that is with friends and family and clients in my local area, that I have to thank for getting me to where I am today. Even if I was a celebrity photography (which we all joke about), I would still be doing family and baby sessions in my home studio, and sometimes weddings.

Here is the list in no particular order:


  • Idris Elba
  • Queen Latifah
  • Ellen Degeneres
  • Oprah Winfrey
  • Beyonce and Jay-Z (and baby Blue)
  • Tom Hiddlesotn
  • Zachary Quinto
  • Rihanna
  • David Tennant
  • Matt Smith
  • Patrick Stewart
  • Johnny Depp
  • Scarlett Johnansen
  • Zoeey Dechanel
  • Amber Riley
  • Laverne Cox
  • Michelle Obama
  • Kerry Washington
  • Melissa McCarthy
  • Mila Kunis
  • Lady Gaga
  • Zoe Saldana
  • Lucy Lui
  • Gina Torres
  • Drew Barrymore
  • Pink
  • Emma Watson
  • Will Ferrell
  • Jimmy Fallon
  • Lupita Nyong'o
Again, this list is no particular order, and it's not the complete list. I add people and new pages all the time. Right now the pages sit folded in a blue jar on my fire place.  It's basically my wish jar.  I believe if I put out my intent on paper and give it to the universe and make it known, it will happen.  And one day, ONE DAY, I will be able to come back and cross these names off. I will make it happen. How? I don't know. But that's part of dreaming right? Have a goal, and do whatever it takes to get to it.   

So here's hoping!

And continuing with my randomness, here is a self portrait of myself that I am EXTREMELY proud of. I don't think you understand, photographing myself is a task upon itself.  I know how to photograph other people, especially women.I know what light looks good, what clothing looks good on them, how to dress them up, how to pose them, etc.  So this image, I am extremely proud of. Since I love color and black and white, you get to see both!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment