Thursday, October 10, 2013

Charlotte as powerful women in history {Delaware Lifestyle Child and Family Photographer}

A couple of weeks ago, I came across a series of photos from Jaime Moore Photography.  It was a series of her daughter dressed as famous, empowering, important woman.  Instead of photographing her daughter as a Disney Princess (apparently she and I both love Disney), she wanted to go another route.  Apparently many of my friends thought the same thing. Shortly after I viewed her series, I had many a friend posting the link to her blog and the link from Buzzfeed on my personal facebook page telling me it was something that I should, and NEED to do.

So, I did it.  Let me first thank Jaime for the inspiration.  My two year old daughter Charlotte for being the model.  At this point she is so tired of me photographing her, posed images are her kryptonite, but a little bit of bribery with some candy, and we were golden. And a big nod to my extensive historical clothing.  Normal people wouldn't have this type of clothing laying about their home. But then again, I am not normal.

Charlotte as Soujourner Truth:

historical women, recreation, marisa taylor photography, sojourner truth

Charlotte as Madam CJ Walker:

marisa taylor photography, recreation, madam cj walker

Charlotte as Rosa Parks:


Let me add that there is nothing wrong with wanting to be a Disney Princess.  Disney is full of magic,whimsy, laughter, and spur of the moment songs featuring duets with birds and other little woodland creatures. I absolutely love Disney!  But just like Jaime, I think it is vital that we teach our children real heroes.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment