Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rock The Shot-June Photo Challenge Entry-Dads {Delaware Family and Portrait Photographer}

Yay Dads!  A very big yay for my husband who is an AMAZING father to our daughter Charlotte. I seriously, could not ask for more.  This month is a photo challenge over at the Rock the Shot forum. The challenge is Dads.  Here is my entry:




My husband and our sweet, amazing little miracle Charlotte.  Let me tell you, picking one final image for this challenge was HARD!  We were heading out the house today to go to a carnival, and I just felt inspired at that moment to capture them together. The position of the sun was perfect in the sky, Charlotte hadn't messed up her outfit (yet), and Wes didn't have his windswept hair that he gets after he drives with the window down.

So I made him take her out of the car seat, and I just captured him being dad. He threw her up in the air, tickled her, and the whole nine. But this one, this one of them dancing, stops my heart when I look at them. I see him smiling, I see her holding on to him and smiling, and I know that right at that moment, she is having the best time ever with her dad.

When I photograph people, doesn't matter if it's a wedding or portrait session, one of my favorite things to do is to make the image look like we are looking directly at a memory. You know how when you are watching a movie, and there is a flashback, and you can see what the person was feeling during that moment? That's what I try to convey through my images.  While I love adding a twist on traditional portraiture, I love it even more when I can capture a definitive moment.

Because it is late, 2:27 a.m. I am going to stop rambling. But first, here is the technical information.

I took this image using my Canon 50D (my trusty baby) and my 50mm 1.2 lens (my FAVORITE lens!).  I pretty much always shoot in manual, and try to get the image as perfectly composed within camera.  I shot this at 100 ISO, f/2.5 at 1/750s.  I then upload into Adobe Lightroom (sorry, I just can't do photoshop for my main editing). Tweaked the colors, exposure, contrast to my liking, added split tones, and then bam! Here is what you get.

Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment