Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spilling my heart out... {Delaware Wedding and Family Photographer}

The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind.  I have had a lot of fabulous ladies in for portraits.  I have been inspired and creative. I have been loving it. I love what I do, I seriously do. Sure there were times when I felt like giving up.  I've had nights where I stayed up all night to finish editing a wedding, and days on end getting my finances straight.  Tax time is the craziest for me, but thank heavens I am organized enough to not lose my head.

I have shot weddings, and spent the day after laid in bed because I was so sore (I have fibromyalgia, which makes physically activities a bit complicated).  I've done back to back sessions and thought I was going to mess something up.  The anxiety and fear of not delivering an image my client won't love is always on my mind.

You would think that with all the stresses, I would just stop doing it.

But I haven't given up, and I don't plan to.  With every "oh my gosh!", and "I can't believe you made me look so amazing!", with every squeal of joy and hand clap, I know that I am doing something right. Life is but a series of moments, and I have the ability to capture those moments.  Sure, I break photography rules sometimes.  Some images may not be technically perfect. But my clients love their images, and that is all that matters.

I do this because I love it. I do this because it makes others happy. And I've always been the type of person that enjoyed making everyone around me smile.  I do it because it gives me a chance to stay at home and watch my daughter grow up. 

As long as there is love and happiness, I am there to photograph it.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment