Thursday, December 15, 2011

A New Focus

It's not secret that I love photographing babies and kids.  It's just one of those things that come natural to me.  I have always been the "baby whisperer".  I think it comes from having a big family with a bunch of nieces and nephews.  After having my daughter, it totally made me realize how important it really is to have memories of your little one, while they are still little.  My daughter will be 4 months old on Christmas Eve, and it seems like the time has flew by!  I mean, what happened to that quite little baby who would look up at me, and then go back to sleep?  She is now a wriggling, giggling, arm flailing little girl that has a magical light in her eyes, and who loves to squeal...loudly.

Now, as the child of a photographer, you can bet that my daughter has her own dedicated folder on the computer, full of images of her. And on my cellphone, and Ipad.  I think I have hit over 1,000 images of her. A bit much..maybe, but i'm a new mom.  Yesterday, after she was fed and happy, I was finally able to get her to actually "pose" for me, and I tell you what, her images took my breath away. Of course I am bias because it is my baby after all.  But I feel that EVERY parent should have great images of their little one to cherish, always.  They grow up in a blink of an eye.

So for 2012, I am going to focus on portraits more.  Don't worry, I am still shooting weddings!  But I am only accepting a limited number of weddings for 2012, so that I can spend time with my daughter and family during her first year of life, which is going to be amazing.  And I just want to share the love that I have with other families and parents.









Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment