Friday, September 23, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things!

As of yesterday my daughter is 4 weeks old.  I can't believe how slow and fast it has gone by.  I already feel like she is growing up so fast!  She smiles and coos, can almost roll over, watches tv, loves listening to music, and actually tries to have conversations by way of sticking out her tongue.  My baby is growing up so fast!  There are times when I still can't believe that I am a mother.  It is still so very amazing to me.  Here is a shot of my gorgeous girl just being so sweet and innocent!  She loves being in her swing!


I promise you I am not only photographing my daughter! I do indeed have sessions scheduled with families and kids other than my own, and I cannot wait.  This Sunday starts the ball rolling with a family of six, including their dog!(yay for dogs!!!)  The funny thing is, the client is the aunt of one of my past wedding clients and is the best friend to one of my past engagement session clients.  As I have said before, word of mouth to a photographer is INVALUABLE!  Especially when you live in a tiny state like Delaware.  So a big thanks again to all of my clients(now friends) who spread the word and send more awesome people to me!!!

It feels good to be getting back into the swing of things.  And I am so thankful that I have the type of job that allows me to be with my family almost all of the time.  I get all misty when I leave her with my mother for a few hours, I have no idea how I would handle it if I had to leave her everyday for 8 hours or more.  But do not get me wrong, this is a lot of work! A lot of hard, tiring, sometimes stressful work.  Behind the fun and beautiful images that is a team (mainly me, myself, and I) working behind the scenes on everything!  Which reminds of a quote that I ran across on another photographers page:
“Photography to the amateur is recreation, to the professional it is work, and hard work too, no matter how pleasurable it my be” - E. Weston

 

And on that note I shall have to end this post here as I have a hungry baby.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment