Saturday, August 27, 2011

The most exciting week of my life!

I must say, this week has been very, very interesting and full of excitement and a range of other emotions.  Where shall I begin?

If you live on the east coast, then on Tuesday, you may have experienced your first earthquake.  I know that I did.  I'm at home, on the computer and the building starts to shake, slowly at first.  I assume my upstairs neighbors are wrestling with an elephant.  But the building starts to shake more, and it took me a second to realize that we are having an actual earthquake.  Funny note is, I was able to find out more information via facebook than actual news sites.  Yes, Facebook, moving news forward.

Ah, the one thing I forgot to mention about being in said earthquake.  10 minutes, and I am serious (I even have the facebook post to prove it), 10 minutes BEFORE the earthquake, I noticed that I had my first real contraction.  And then bam! Earthquake.  All of my friends joked about how my contraction rocked the earth.

Well that was not the end of that amazing day.  My contractions were happening all day, and when I ventured out to get my husband at night from work, they were getting stronger.  At midnight, on Wednesday, contractions went from slightly annoying to painful and it was time to go to the hospital.  We were admitted, at at 5:21p.m. (after laboring for hours, two failed epidurals, and a bunch of other funny stuff), our daughter Charlotte Adventure Zimmerman was born into this world.  7lbs 7oz, 19 inches long, a head full of soft curly hair, and very inquisitive.

Childbirth, I have nothing to compare it to. Almost no words to describe seeing her for the first time.  Watching my husband hold her filled my heart up.  It was absolutely amazing.

And now that we are back home, being that we were discharged yesterday, we are now preparing for this hurricane that is supposed to be heading our way.  My husband went and got food and ice and supplies and such, and right now, this hurricane seems pretty wimpy.  But then again, it hasn't hit our area yet, and I am not one to doubt mother nature.

So within this week I experienced my first earthquake, birthed my first child, and will be hunkering down for a hurricane.  At least my daughter will have an interesting story to tell about her first week on this earth.

Stay safe (especially if you are on the east coast) and have fun!  With this hurricane craze and such, I hope that couples getting married this weekend don't think that their wedding is ruined because of the weather.  Besides, it's considered good luck for it to rain on your wedding day.  So a hurricane must be the best of the best type of luck for your marriage!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment