Monday, August 8, 2011

Being in front of the camera

I don't like having my picture taken.  Well, it's not that I don't exactly like it, it's more of I tend to always look weird or end up in some odd position whenever I am in front of the camera.  At one of my weddings, my two second shooters were doing behind the scenes shots of me shooting, and for some reason I looked like a hunchback in half of them, and had my tongue out or my mouth in some weird pose in the others.  Now, if I am dressed up in a renaissance costume or any sort of garb, then yes! By all means take my picture!  I personally think I look absolutely fabulous when I am in costume.

So this past Saturday, my husband and I headed to a portrait studio where a friend works at for maternity photos.  She just started working there and is studying photography in college, so she needed real people to photograph.  Remembering the days when I first started out (WOW! It seems like forever), and needing people, I wanted to go in and help her.

The problem with being a photographer and being in front of the camera is that I can't break out of my photographer mindset.  I started asking questions about the camera, lenses, lighting and backdrops.  Then when it came to posing, I swear I tried to give her ultimate control, but then of course the inner photographer came out and I started posing.  It was a fun session though!  But it will be a loooooong time before I get in front of the camera again.

The images are not ready but when they come in, I will show you!. Until then, I will continue to hide...behind my lens.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment