Saturday, July 9, 2011

Things I Love...(in no particular order of course)

Summer.  I absolutely adore it.  Maybe because I was born in the summer (June 24th), but it is definitely my favorite season of the year.  The days are warmer and longer, the pools are open, and here in tiny old Delaware, there are a bunch of things to do.  On Monday I will be going to a carnival to devour more funnel cake!  Summer also brings one of my favorite events that I look forward to each and every year for the past 6 years...THE RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL!!!  Yes, I know it may seem weird to dress up in renaissance fashion, and parade around, but it seriously one of my most favorite things in the world to do.  Ever since my husband first introduced me to it back in 2005, I have been hooked.  I have never missed an opening day, and up until last year, never missed a closing day.  This year is going to be super special because I will have my baby with me!  She will be a little pirate, in her little pram (yes we actually have a pram) that will be decorated to look somewhat piratical.  I can't wait!

The series "True Blood".  Need I say more?  I never really got into the whole Twilight craze.  The concept of vampires that sparkle in the daylight and all the teen love angst that goes along with it didn't do it for me.  Perhaps it's because my husband and probably 90% of my social group are gamers, and there is a LARP (live action role play) that revolves around vampires, so I kind of read up on the basics of vampires according to the gaming systems in which most of the current vampire books/series/movies base themselves off of.  But seriously, Bill Compton...swoon.

My husband.  Seriously, he rocks beyond anything I have ever known.  I have been with him going on 7 years and we have been married for over 2, and each day has been epic.  He has introduced me to so many new things (including the ren fair), and just has always had my back and supported me in everything.  Even when I doubt myself, he is the one pushing for me.  He's like my own little boxing coach from Rocky, and he completes it by saying "You're a bum Rock!".  If you have watched the movie, you know what I am talking about. In fact, if it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have had the confidence to leave my previous job and jump into photography full time.

Pizza. I love it. Hands down. I was born and raised in New York City.  Enough said. I love pizza.

Fashion from the 1920's-1950's.  In no way am I fashion snob.  Yes I sew, but the only things I sew are clothing from the 20's-50's, Victorian clothing, and Renaissance clothing.  Modern stuff, I just buy.  But I find something amazing in the fact that women from the 1950's and such took so much pride in looking good.  Not to say that women today don't look good.  But seriously,  everything from the heels to the pantyhose, garterbelts, big circle dresses with petticoats, gloves, hats, pearls, it just entrances me.  If I ever struck the powerball, I would have a full 50's wardrobe, but realistically it takes a lot of work to pull those looks off on a daily basis.  Especially the hair!  Every once in a while I will bust out some victory rolls, throw on a circle skirt, complete with gloves, a little purse and hat, but it takes a lot!

Dr. Who.  One of my favorite tv series of all time.  It's about an alien (who looks like a human) who travels through time and space in his space ship, which looks like a phone box.  The ship is called the TARDIS, and it is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside.  There is a saying, "You never forget your first Doctor".  And that is so true!  My first Doctor was the 10th Doctor, David Tennant. Although there is a new Doctor in place, Matt Smith, the show is still amazing!

And that is it for this weeks "THINGS I LOVE!"  Come back next time!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment