Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Heather & Mike's Wilmington Wedding at Rockwood Park

They met at a show that a mutual friend was in.  After the show, they went to the party and he thought she was cute, so he asked the mutual friend to hook them up.  They agreed not to continue dating while he want to college, but love has a way of bringing two people back together.  They kept in touch during college while they went to different schools (all thanks to AOL instant messenger!),and during her time studying abroad in the UK, she wished he was there because she knew he would have had a good time.

Heather and Mike are amazing and absolutely adorable.  Come to think of it, I know quite a lot of Heathers and this is the third one that I have photographed.  But now getting back to the main subject.  When I met them, I knew that I would have a great time photographing their wedding.  They like zombies, books, and animals.  Oh, and Dr. Who.  They won major points on that one.

The day started with Heather getting ready upstairs at the Rockwood Carriage House, which is absolutely beautiful.  Her gown...makes me swoon.







Once Heather was ready, it was time for a toast!  She gathered her bridal party (after spending about 20 minutes of tracking them down since one by one they kept leaving then returning), including her bridedude.  (I love the concept of a bridedude).  Yes, there were some tears shed.



Next, we had plenty of time before the ceremony. Plenty.  I would say we had about an hour and a half, so we headed down to the gardens to do their first look.  I cannot stress enough how amazing it is to do a first look. It's private, intimate, tender, and gives you time to not have to rush around trying to squeeze in your wedding photos.  The results,  amazing, relaxed photos.



It's almost watching a lioness stalking her prey.  Did I mention the 22 bug bites on my legs from photographing this?  Ah, the causalities of photographing an epic couple.



After their first look, we walked around (and sort of got lost in a small garden), and did their wedding photos.  Can I just say how much I love them for being so awesome and super adorable!



How gorgeous is she? And that dress? LOVE it.  It's Mon Cheri Bridal, and I love, love, love it!





According to a comment left on my Facebook page, I used guerrilla war tactics to capture the next photo.  It is gorgeous, if I do say so myself.

I love a bride who is not afraid to sit in the grass for pictures! Heather, I love you!



Then we threw in the wedding party for some fun pictures.  Yes, it was hot, but they trooped through it.  Especially with the sun playing peek-a-boo the entire day.  First hiding behind a cloud giving us temporary relief, then coming back out and blasting us with it's evil rays of light!





I feel kind of bad that we didn't have a parasol for the bridedude.  But the jazzhands totally make up for it.



Now...onto the details of the wedding.  They were amazing! The bride hand folded a ton of paper cranes, and made gorgeous paper hearts that adorned the table and the venue.





Oh, and check out the cake! The titles will make you laugh.  The cake itself, was amazing! Three different flavors!



The entire wedding was filled with laughter, here is a shot from their first dance.



And towards the end of the night we headed outside for a couple more shots, and the big family tradition, which included a drink called an "apple pie"





Many thanks again to Heather and Mike for being so great, and letting me be a part of their amazing day.  Even at 9 months pregnant, I am still trooping!  (The grapes and cheese were yummy by the way).  And to both of their families who are so much fun!  I wish you two many years of happiness, fun, and if the zombies invade...survival!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. oh my god. i absolutely love this wedding. her dress is to die for. you did such a great job in capturing the fun of this wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mebel uglovoi s delfinom...

    My spouse and i ended up being absolutely lucky that Albert could finish off his studies with the precious recommendations he obtained through the web site. It is now and again perplexing just to continually be freely giving solutions which others have...

    ReplyDelete