Friday, January 31, 2014

You time {Delaware Lifestyle Portrait Photographer}

24 hours in a day. In that 24 hours, most people have to sleep, eat, work, drive to and from work, run errands, clean if they choose, socialize, go to school, do homework, take care of your kid or kids, and the list goes on.  The saying "Not enough hours in the day" really does ring true. Most days, I absolutely feel like I need a clone so that I can get my to-do list, which is typically a mile long done.  It seems like it never ends.  One of the things that I found that helps immensely is me time.  It may be hard to take some time for yourself, especially when you have 1,001 things going on, but it is important to do so.  Oh, and when you have kids and other people to take care of, caring for yourself usually gets put on the back burner. But you can't take care of others if you aren't well taken care of. So it's super important to make time for yourself, even if it's little things.  Want to know some of the things I do?

1)Take a shower.  Now, this should be part of your routine to begin with. My my shower is my sanctuary. I lock the door, light candles, play music and sing to my hearts content. Those 20-30 minutes (my normal showers are about 5-10 minutes, but when I splurge I spend longer), are just what I need to refresh myself.  I typically feel more refreshed and energized when I take a shower during the day, especially early in the morning. It gets me ready to take on the day. If I take a shower at night, then I want to go straight to bed.  I know for some, especially with kids, getting alone time in the bathroom is hard enough, but try it. Especially then the kids are napping or when they are in school.

2)Driving.  It doesn't matter what time it is, but night time is the best. Get on an empty road and drive. Sing your heart out while you are driving. Have your own dance party in the car while at a red light. Get crazy!  And then drive back home.

3)Dine out.  If you have a s.o., especially if you have kids. It is super, super important to take some time off and enjoy time together. Before you were parents, you were lovers. Don't forget that.  While parenting is a huge job, the two of you need to be happy and maintain that love with each other.

4)Read. Find 10 minutes. Even if you have to lock yourself in the bathroom and read a couple of a pages of a book you live. Allow yourself to escape. Nevermind the little fingers reaching underneath the door to get your attention. Reading is your escape!

So, those are the typical four things that I do when I am feeling stressed and need some me time. Or, I just take a nap if the opportunity presents itself!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment