Saturday, January 4, 2014

Home: Slow Cooker Melted Chocolate {Delaware Lifestyle, Fashion & Home Photographer}

I am sticking to what I said. Blogging everyday. Well right now, I am catching up on 4 days of not blogging, so this should have been posted on 1/2.  But I am here!

Like I said, my goal this year is to turn my blog into a place that not only features photography, but a place my clients can enjoy. Cooking, crafting, family, and just lifestyle topics in general.  I am a photographer, but photography is not my life. If I can connect with my clients even more than I do now, that makes our photography sessions together even better.  So with that said, who likes chocolate?

I do!

I found this Slow Cooker Melted Chocolate idea over on a blog called TheYummy Life.  The link is here: http://www.theyummylife.com/Slow_Cooker_Melted_Chocolate


(images are from TheYummyLife.com)

I have had a slow cooker since last Christmas. I'm talking Christmas 2012.  After making it clear to everyone in the house that 2012 would be the year of the slow cooker, and I have actively cooked with it...ONCE.  It has been used a total of three times though. Two of those other times being my sister and then my friend cooking.  So my poor crock pot needs love. And I love chocolate, see where I am going here...

They suggest putting different types of chocolate into glass jars, placing in the crockpot with a bit of water to melt, and bam! Instead chocolate dipping party!  You can put fruits, pretzels, crackers, and whatever food item you dream of on a skewer and get to work!

Just think how easy the prep time for this is! And what's even better? THE CLEAN UP IS BASICALLY 0! Leftover chocolate can go in the fridge to be reheated later (be careful reheating glass).  And jars that have been completed used can be placed in the dishwasher or washed by hand.  No washing different pots for different chocolates.

I am thinking of having a little lunch get together for the sole purpose of having chocolate covered EVERYTHING there. And if I do, there will be pictures.

Enjoy!

Please feel free to share with family and friends!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment