Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Birthday to Marisa Taylor Photography!!! {Delaware Lifestyle and Wedding Photographer}

I've been talking about this surprise for a while. Well it's not really a surprise, but more of an announcement. Are you ready?

...............

!!!!!!!!!!!


Marisa Taylor Photography turns 4 years old today!!!


4 cupcakes for each year. And yes, I plan on eating them all. Don't judge me!

Wow! That is crazy to say. I have been in business for myself for four years. FOUR WHOLE YEARS!  I started this journey professionally in 2009, with the push from my husband to get out there and do it. He said that if I didn't do it then, I would never do it. And I would end up regretting that I didn't do it.

Thank goodness I have him by my side.

The journey has been long, and tough. There have been times when I constantly thought "what the heck am I doing?!?!"  But you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I am so thankful to be where I am today. I am thankful to have a career that I genuinely love. One that gives me the time to shine light on others lives, and let's me stay home with my amazing daughter.  A career where I get to meet new people, make new friends, watch families grow, give women confidence, and make people smile.

I went from my Canon rebel, and one kit lens and shooting on location or in my apartment.  I know have better equipment, a dedicated studio space, loyal clients, amazing friends and family and supporters.  There are days that I am still in awe and disbelief. I have been featured on wedding blogs, wedding planner blogs, and have been in the magazine, Delaware Bride, twice!  I've grown to know some amazing photographers, receive some amazing advice, and watched the table turns as I was the one giving advice and helping newer photographers.

I still can't believe how far I've come. But I will tell you what, I am definitely looking forward for the journey ahead.

So thank you! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! From the bottom of my heart.  I would not be here if it wasn't for you! Those who believed in me, supported me, trusted me. Those who have been with me since the beginning. Those who have spread the word about me and my business, and have helped me grow. You are more valuable to me than you will ever know.

And thank you to my husband, Wesley.  For pushing me to step off of the ledge, and for believing in me when I didn't believe in myself.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment