Saturday, July 28, 2012

Where the Magic Happens {Delaware Portrait & Wedding Photographer}

I read blogs. A lot.  I love it when I read a blog that hits home on something that relates directly to me. About two weeks I read a blog about a photographer, who started a studio in her dining room.  She converted it into her home office/studio.  Hung her work up on the walls. Made it comfortable, so that people can enjoy their time there. And she worked with what she had.  At the end, she said "It's not about what you don't have. It's about what you do have and how you use it".

I swear, you could have thought that this woman was writing from my own heart.  Because I too have converted my dining room into my studio/office. My work is hung on my alls. And I am pretty much the queen of making using what I do have to make things work.

Even though I don't have a big studio, a ton of props (which I must admit, I am building steadily), and a ton of equipment. I make do with what I have. Ask any of my clients. I make them feel welcome and at home.  I don't want them to feel like they are a number in a chain studio. When you come to my home, my studio, I want you to take off your shoes. Relax! Roll around on the floor with your kid so they can get comfortable. It's all about making it work.

So even though my studio is still a work in progress, I make it work.  Here is where the magic happens:

When you walk in, you are greeted with this huge family portrait of myself, Charlotte, and Wes. Although it needs to be updated, because Charlotte is walking now!



And here are my lovely frames from The Organic Bloom!






And here is a shot of the studio as a whole. Comfty, awesome chair. Computer to work at and display images.  Gorgeous vintage table, props over in the back.



It's little, but it's mine. And I love it!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love it! :) Cute, quaint, and most importantly it gets the job done! & very well, I might add!!

    Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete