Monday, May 23, 2011

{Steampunk Worlds Fair 2011}

As before, it was amazing.  We had so much fun, and I am definitely bummed that it is over.  If you don't know what steampunk is, think Victorian times meets the future and everything is powered by steam.  It's pretty awesome.  Basically give me a reason to dress up in a costume from another time period, I will do it! Hence why I love renaissance faires and the 50's so much.  For some odd reason, I am more comfortable in clothing from other time periods than modern times. I don't know why, it just seems that long ago clothing was so much more detailed and intricate and just inspiring.

So this year was filled with fun. I was able to see friends that I haven't seen since last year, make new friends, listen and dance to great music, and just have fun.  I was interviewed by Mo Rocca, not too sure if it will be aired though! But it would be epic if it did.  I took lots of pictures and had a great time.  If you want to check them out, you can head on over to the Facebook Album-Steampunk Worlds Fair 2011.

Keep in mind that I took my "beater" camera and wasn't in photographer mode.  My "eye" was not on during the weekend.  I also have to share this picture of my husband and I! We have no good pictures of us since being pregnant, and a good friend snapped this of us:



I think I look pretty good for being 28 weeks pregnant!  And here is a picture of us from last year!



I now realize that I have more photos of myself, and my husband and I together in costume and garb than I do in regular clothes. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing!  All I know is that this baby will be in lots of costumes as soon as she arrives.

With Steampunk Worlds Fair now over, our next big fun focus is the renaissance fair! I am very excited to go this year, but our appearance depends on the arrival of our little miss. She is due August 18.  So we will see about her timing and when she is at least 4 weeks old to take her out...in her custom built renaissance stroller. That's right, we are going hardcore and making her a renaissance stroller.  See, when I go to renaissance fairs, I am in full costume and character, there is no way I can let my baby be in a normal or mundane stroller!!!  Some say I am a bit extreme, I just love the creativity of it all and having fun.
I hope you all have had a great weekend!!!  Enjoy the rest of the week and stay cool in this weather! Till next time!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment