Tuesday, May 31, 2011

{It's getting Hot, Hot, HOT!}

I know that during the winter, I begged for warmer weather. Well mother nature has answered my calls, and it is beyond warm!  I guess the saying "be careful what you ask for" rings true.  Even though it is about 90 degrees today, I still love warm weather. I love the sun, the fact that there seems to be a plethora of outside activities going on, and of course the pool.  To be honest, 90 degrees is a bit excessive for me, I am happy with weather that's in the 70's.  If I could live in a place where it was 70 degrees all year round, I would be pretty ecstatic.  My husband says that Hawaii is like that, with a nice constant breeze. But alas, I have never been to Hawaii.

With the weather being warmer, and my disdain for cooking in a hot kitchen or even eating hot food, I have found a new favorite cool down snack. FROZEN SPRITE! I don't know why, but I am in love with it. I was never a big soda drinker before, but I love Sprite frozen.  And the good thing, Sprite has no caffeine!

So being that we have passed Memorial Day, many will say wedding season is in full bloom.  This is probably the warmest wedding season that I have encountered. The weather now feels like the weather of weddings I have shot last August.  It is so important to remember to stay hydrated, and not to be out in the sun too long.  I am thankful *knock on wood* that I have not had a wedding where someone has passed out due to heat exhaustion, but this weather definitely seems like the type to bring it on.

June and July will be very busy months for me. Besides my two baby showers (YAY!), I am booked for weddings the following weekends: 6/11, 6/18, 6/25, 7/10, and 7/16 before I take a break and have my maternity leave.  But in between those, I will still be scheduling portrait sessions!  Chalk it up to my pregnancy, but I am so in love with photographing babies and kids right about now!

Enjoy your day, and till next time!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment